CORRUPTION IS A CRIME BASED ON THE ABUSE OF TRUST
At first glance, corruption is not a crime. It is however the breach of confidence and the abuse of trust. In criminology, this is referred to as an „abuse of trust crime”
Corrupt behaviour” manifests itself in actions, some of which are independently punishable.
Typical are (but not limited to):
• Infidelity, embezzlement
• Betrayal of trade secrets / industrial espionage
• Nepotism (“nepotism”)
• Falsification of a document
• Balance sheet falsification / accounting offences
• Violation of fair competition
• False information (disinformation on reputation damage, initiation of reactions,…)
CERTIFICATION ACCORDING TO ISO 37001
The international standard sets out requirements and guidelines for the design of a Management System, which supports an organization in preventing, identifying and combating corruption, as well as complying with anti-corruption laws and voluntary commitments applicable to its activities.